London is the capital and largest city of England and the United Kingdom, London is considered to be one of the world's most important global cities. Such a historically important city has certainly left its legacy in the imagination of writers.
Check out the tales full of London's atmosphere selected by critic August Nemo:
- Lost in a London Fog by Louisa May Alcott
- London Impressions by Stephen Crane
- A London Life by Henry James
- The Sign of Four by Arthur Conan Doyle
- The Secret Agent by Joseph Conrad
- Mrs. Dalloway in Bond Street by Virginia Woolf
- The Strange Case of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde by Robert Louis Stevenson
For more books with interesting themes, be sure to check the other books in this collection!